The Greek term kedros he came to Latin as cedrus, which resulted in our language in cedar . The concept refers to a wide trunk tree It can measure up to fifty meters high.
Cedars belong to the genus Cedrus, composed of several species . In general, all species coincide in having somewhat conical cups, pointed leaves, horizontal branches, yellow or reddish flowers and fruits known as cedrides (which are part of the pineapple group). Cedars are characterized by their aromatic wood.
He cedar of Lebanon whose scientific name is Cedrus libani , appears on the flag of the Asian country. It is found in mountainous forests and has been used since ancient times in different ways. This tree, which is mentioned in the Bible , also known as Solomon's cedar since the king Solomon he used his wood to lift the Jerusalem Temple .
He Cedrus brevifolia or Cyprus cedar is another species of gender Cedrus , which measures up to 20 meters high. For some experts, anyway, it would be a subspecies of the cedar of Lebanon , same as him Atlas cedar or Cedrus atlantic .
He cedar of the Himalayas , scientifically named Cedrus deodara , it can measure about 60 meters. Its essential oil is used to make aromatic and repellent products of insects .
In Europe, these trees are widely used to decorate gardens, and for this they have various horticultural varieties, among which the blue cedar (Cedrus Atlantic Glauca), which is also in the form of weeping willow, whose scientific name is Cedrus atlantic Glauca pendula.
Notably Cedar it is also the name of more than one city from U.S and Brazil and from several neighborhoods of Puerto Rico .
The initials CEDAR Finally, it refers to Spanish Center for Reprographic Rights . It is a association of editors and authors of magazines, scores, books and newspapers, formed to carry out the management of intellectual property rights derived from the digital copy and photocopy of the works. For this purpose, he received authorization from the Ministry of Culture in 1988.
CEDRO is a non-profit association of profit and provides its services for authors who publish in any medium and medium. Its mission is to defend and represent the legitimate interests of its customers, doing everything possible to facilitate and promote the legal use of their creations.
Some of its functions are as follows:
* authorize : provide solutions through its licensing system created with the aim of reproducing and disseminating the do you copy - both digital and physical - in companies, institutions and educational environments;
* manage : they seek a healthy balance in the financial compensation that publishers and authors receive, as well as the fairest compensation derived from the use of works in universities and libraries (where they are provided to the public for free);
* remunerate : once the CEDRO carries out the management of the fairest percentages in accordance with the law, it ensures that authors and publishers receive the remuneration to close the cycle related to monetary income related to the secondary use of the works;
* represent : customers enjoy the defense of their interests and their rights before the courts of justice, as well as in organizations and institutions of international and national character;
* report : CEDRO is responsible for training, informing and advising authors and publishers about the principles of intellectual property;
* support : contribute to the developing of services and activities focused on the promotion, training and assistance to its customers.