From Latin praesentatio, presentation is the action and effect of presenting or presenting (make manifestation of something or give it to someone, propose, introduce someone or something). For example: "Two hundred journalists attended the presentation of the new iPhone, which was attended by Steve Jobs", “This afternoon I have a presentation of the company in a central hotel”, "After the presentation of rigor, the coach and the new reinforcement of the team began to discuss the shared objectives".
It can be affirmed that the presentation is a process that allows exhibiting the content of a theme Before an audience. It's about offering information or make it public through a speech, texts, images, videos, audio recordings or multimedia components.
For many professionals, making a public presentation represents a great challenge; although it is essential to have the skills of speakerThere are several tips that can help anyone achieve better results when facing an exhibition:
* stay up: whenever the characteristics of the room allow it, a presenter who stands from beginning to end inspires more trust in his audience, he shows him that the subject is so important that he is willing to invest all his energies in it. In addition, given the freedom to move around the stage, it is possible to react more effectively to the response of the audience, as well as reduce the chances of boredom;
* eye contact with the audience: While many professionals recommend looking at a distant point to avoid distractions, there is nothing more satisfying for the public than feeling part of an event. When the presenter takes the deference to establish Contact visual with several of his listeners, he transmits his respect for them, he implies that the presentation is addressed to them and that it is not a simple repetition of previously memorized data;
* know the content in depth: prior to the presentation of a topic, it is essential to immerse yourself in it, to be able to defend it without needing to study a speech. Regardless of the affinity one naturally feels for the content, one must convince oneself of its validity and its importance and then be able to transmit them to the public. In addition, it is always good to be prepared for potential spontaneous questions, whose answers are usually not found in the libretto;
* send clear messages: when looking to show a product or service to an audience for the first time, it is important to focus on the fundamental points and leave the details for future presentations. Too much information is counterproductive, since it confuses the public, which can result in a failure that is very difficult to reverse;
* use anecdotes: no need to resort to humor, the narration of character stories daily It can be very useful to break momentarily with technicalities and attract the audience, presenting a more familiar terrain. For example, if you try to describe the revolutionary interface of a Program IT is more friendly to start by saying "I always wondered if there was the possibility of making our system more friendly", which simply detailing its characteristics.
The presentation is also the exterior appearance or facade of something : “The professor congratulated me for the content of the jobalthough he told me that the presentation was poor ”, “The food is exquisite and the presentation of the dishes seems like a work of art”, “The presentation of the chocolates includes a wooden box painted by hand”.
In the field of medicine, the presentation is the pharmaceutical form of the medications. Syrup, capsule, injection and drops are some of the existing presentations: "I recommend taking Biclozón in any of its presentations: syrup or pills".